SSAT Reading Question 276: Answer and Explanation
1. This passage serves mainly to
- A. recount the author's experience working on a farm in summer
- B. provide a description of the author's summer home
- C. describe the joys of being in the country
- D. convey the author's love of family celebrations
Correct Answer: C
C is correct. Most of the passage is devoted to a description of the "enthralling pleasures" of life in the country. Choices A and B are wrong because neither one is covered in the passage. Choices D and E are wrong because each is covered by only one small part of the passage and is not the focus of the passage as a whole.