SSAT Reading Question 145: Answer and Explanation
5. The author indicates the line between humans and chimps was blurring because
- A. the chimpanzees' dietary needs are very similar to that of humans
- B. the chimpanzees look very much like humans
- C. the evolution of chimpanzees and humans is very comparable
- D. the chimpanzees could do something that only humans were thought to do
Correct Answer: D
The passage states, "An even more significant discovery occurred just weeks after she first saw chimps eating meat: she watched two chimps strip the leaves off twigs in order to fashion tools they used to dig termites out of a termite mound. This was revolutionary because up until this time anthropologists considered tool-making a distinctly human characteristic."